If you’re looking into how to register a company in Oregon, you will need to know what you’re applying for and how to apply for it. Everything you need to know, however, will be right here.
How to Register a Company in Oregon
Before you need to know how to register a company in Oregon, it will be important to look into the different kinds of companies that you can create and what they each will mean in terms of, not just the application, but also their operation. Let’s take a look at this information.
Types of Business Structures in Oregon
There are seven kinds of business structures here in Oregon. Here’s a quick guide on what they each entail.
- Sole proprietorship – As the name implies, this refers to a business that is solely owned by one person.
- General partnership – A business arrangement in which two or more individuals agree to share the responsibilities, assets, profits, and financial and legal liabilities of a business that’s jointly-owned by them.
- Corporation – On the other hand, a corporation is a whole entity that is legally separate and distinct from its owners. They can enter contracts, loan and borrow money, sue and be sued, hire employees, own assets, and pay taxes.
- Nonprofit – A nonprofit is a company that exists for purposes other than earning profit, such as public goodwill, benefit, charity, and similar social causes.
- Limited Partnership (LP) – A partnership with at least one general partner and at least one limited partner, limiting the liability arrangements of each member.
- Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) – A business partnership where either some or all the owners have limited liabilities. Each partner is not responsible for the negligence or misconduct of the other partners.
- Limited Liability Limited Partnership (LLLP) – A limited partnership with one or more general partners who are liable for the obligations of the overall entity.
File For Your Oregon Business
Regardless of the type of business that you’re trying to establish, the details of how to register a company in Oregon won’t change that much. Sure, each one will call for different documents and requirements, but, in general, the application process will be fairly similar. You will be able to take care of it right here on the Corporation Center for your convenience. Just head over to the Oregon tab on our menu and get started on your application.
Oregon Company Registration Forms
At the Corporation Center, we have made it so that all the forms you might need in the formation of a company, regardless of state, are all readily available for you to find. Our platform even allows you to fill out the forms right here on the website, as well as to submit them directly to the Secretary of State of the state where you’re forming your company. If anything in this process seems complicated or confusing, don’t worry, because that’s exactly what our team will be here to help you with. With us on your side, you won’t have to worry at all about the more complex parts of this application submission. Our team will always be at your disposal to answer any questions you may have about your company forms.