If you are looking to create an LLC in Pennsylvania, then you will have to pay attention to the state’s specific procedures for company creation. Here’s everything you need to know.
Create an LLC in Pennsylvania
As you probably know already, the process of creating LLCs varies from state to state, so there will be a specific process to follow here in Pennsylvania. A lot of forms and applications come into play at the time of filing to create an LLC in Pennsylvania, all of which you can find here at the Corporation Center. Let’s go over one of the most important components of this process: the categories that exist within the state’s particular designations. Once you’ve determined the best approach for your own company, you will be able to file all the corresponding forms through our platform.
Types of LLCs in Pennsylvania
There are different types of limited liability companies here in Pennsylvania, each of which comes with its own requirements and regulations. Consider the following categories when looking to create an LLC in Pennsylvania.
- Single-Member LLC – A company that consists of just one owner.
- Member-Managed LLC – A kind of multi-member LLC that places authority on the owners. Each owner/member has a voice in decision-making, depending on the specifics of the operating agreement..
- Manager-Managed LLC – A kind of multi-member LLC where the manager-managed LLC requires owners to elect a manager or managers to handle the day-to-day business decisions of the company, but members still retain authority over the larger company.
- Restricted LLC – LLCs performing specific professional services are required under Pennsylvania law to register as a restricted professional company. This includes medical services, public accounting, psychology, veterinary medicine, and law.
- Benefit LLC – A benefit LLC may be formed if one of the purposes of the company is to create some kind of general public benefit, which is defined as something offering a positive material impact on society and the environment.
- Domestic LLC – Any of the previously listed LLCs can be either domestic or foreign, depending on whether or not the business is formed in Pennsylvania. An LLC formed in Pennsylvania will be considered “domestic” while a legal entity that conducts business in Pennsylvania but was formed outside of the state is foreign.
- Foreign LLC – Any kind of LLC formed outside of Pennsylvania but is doing taxable business in the state, will need to register as a foreign LLC.
File Your LLC Forms
Here at the Corporation Center, we want to be there to help you through all of your company-forming needs. In order to do this, we’ve created a comprehensive platform that provides all the forms you might need in order to apply for your company status, regardless of the state you’re in or the category that you’re looking for. And, should you at any point need any help with the process, you are more than welcome to reach out to our team with your doubts and questions. With the Corporate Center, you will receive your certificate and get your company up and running in no time.