If you wish to register a company in Oregon, then you definitely need to look into an important set of forms and applications, some of which will depend on the type of company you want. Here’s all the information you might need to know.
Register a Company in Oregon
Before you register a company in Oregon, it will be important to look into the different kinds of companies that you can establish within the state and what they each will mean in terms of, not just the submission, but also their day-to-day operation. Let’s take a look at this for your convenience.
Types of Business Structures in Oregon
Here in Oregon, you will find seven kinds of business structures. If you’re not sure about which one’s best for you, here’s a quick guide on what each entails.
- Corporation – A corporation is a whole entity that is legally separate and distinct from its owners. They can enter contracts, loan and borrow money, sue and be sued, hire employees, own assets, and pay taxes.
- Sole proprietorship – A business that is solely owned by one person.
- General partnership – A business arrangement in which two or more individuals agree to share the responsibilities, assets, profits, and financial and legal liabilities of a business that’s jointly owned by them.
- Nonprofit – A nonprofit is a company that exists for purposes other than earning profit, such as public goodwill, benefit, charity, and similar social causes.
- Limited Partnership (LP) – A partnership with at least one general partner and at least one limited partner, limiting the liability arrangements of each member.
- Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) – A business partnership where either some or all the owners have limited liabilities. Each partner is not responsible for the negligence or misconduct of the other partners.
- Limited Liability Limited Partnership (LLLP) – A limited partnership with one or more general partners who are liable for the obligations of the overall entity.
File For Your Oregon Business
It doesn’t really matter the type of business that you’re trying to set up; the process to register a company in Oregon won’t change that much. While each one will call for different documents and requirements, but, in general, the application process will be fairly similar. You will be able to take care of it right here on the Corporation Center for your convenience. Just head over to the Oregon tab on our menu and get started on your application.
Oregon Company Submission Forms
Once you’re certain about what it is that you want for your corporation, you need to file for the necessary documentation. In order to do this, you simply head over to the category you need in the menu. This will give you the option to fill out the form directly on the website so that you don’t have to print any applications or write them out by hand. Not only that, but you will be able to directly submit the forms to your Secretary of State with no delays or issues whatsoever. The Corporation Center is here to help you at every step of the way so that you don’t struggle with forming your corporation and getting your business started.